Monday, July 23, 2012

Too Many Young Widows

Last night I received yet another email from someone reaching out to me because they have someone in their life who has been widowed too young. It amazes me how many young widows I now know and how many have become friends. As I spent some quiet time alone this morning, I was struck with the idea to post a blog in which other young widows and widowers could find some community. My desire is that those who have been widowed, or those who know young widows/widowers, can post their thoughts and seek advice from others. That said, if you are a young widow/widower or close to someone who is and you want to publish on this blog, please contact me at: wauterlek@mac.com.

Blessings and peace,

Sarah






1 comment:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog. I am only 2.5 weeks into this journey, but I have already found that having people who have had a similar experience are really the only ones that can come close to understanding, and are the ones that will help me through this. I have already been in contact with 4 women who lost their husbands at a young age. Although each of us has a different story, and we will each find our own ways to move forward and "live" again, our experiences will bond us together. I don't know why we have been chosen to bear this cross, but I do know that the 4 women I've talked to exhibit a sense of grace, hope, faith, and love, that I have rarely seen before. I don't think this is a coincidence, I believe in my heart that there is something more in life for all of us, and that it takes someone very special to not only survive this experience, but to become a better person themselves and to better those around them. I hope that someday I can do this as well, and that someday I can be happy again.
    Stephanie Lindgren

    ReplyDelete